Thursday, December 1, 2011

Response: Day 1 Class Discussion

Michael, Chess: I thought the presentation was well organized and a good balance of both the micro and macro levels of your topic. I think it would be really interesting if you explored Solus Rex in greater detail. From my perspective, you seemed to be taking Solus Rex, a chess strategy, looking at it's definition, and then analytically applying that definition to the text. I think it could possibly be very interesting to broaden your definition of Solus Rex: not just what it is, but implications of Solus Rex in chess (weaknesses, plausible outcomes, which chess piece most commonly attacks a king in Solus Rex, etc.) then taking those broader implications and reapplying them to the text. I have no idea if this would work, but from my personal research on other areas of chess, it seems to be something worth looking into. I hope this was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment